Sunday, October 26, 2008

One medal down, 7 to go!

Woo-Hoo!

Thanks to Coaches Alan & Kathleen with Houston Fit Fall Half and my friend Tom Brannon, I finished the Houston Half in UNDER THREE HOURS!
Yea Me!

Alan & Kathleen have been a super tremendous support all training season long (since May) and Tom was a super sweetheart to show up to cheer me on throughout the race and even did the last 2 miles or so with me.

I forgot to hit stop as I ran through the finish line, and then stopped to get my medal, hug Javier and pose for some pics and then stopped my Garmin, which showed 2:54:39. So I'm guessing maybe 2:50? That would put me just under 13 min/miles for 13 miles. DANG!


My previous 1/2s have been in 3:21 and 3:11, so this is a HUGE improvement.

Here's a few pics:
Jackie, Anna, Brenda & Kathleen, all smiling with medals!

Alyssa & Anna with medals, waiting for massages.

The medal - a little boring, but a medal nevertheless!

1 comment:

Viv said...

Super improvement! Congratulations, you are doing great :-)