Thursday, September 01, 2011

Suprizing good 'freezer kill' lunch

In an effort to eat better & cheaper, I've been trying to limit my dining out to 3x per week. So with my Sunday breakfast run already taking up one spot, that only leaves 2. Meaning I should bring my lunch most of the week!

And I've used up my 3x, so I knew *should* bring my lunch today, but didn't have anything prepped. I do have a couple of emergency tv-dinners & planned to bring one of those. When I opened the freezer, I noticed a box of vegetables that have been there for a long time & the package of precooked beef strips I got at Sam't that are really good.

Tossed that in the lunch bag & hoped for the best.


It ended up being dang good!


I REALLY like this meat & will buy it again:




It's precooked, so just a minute in the microwave or a couple of minutes in a skillet after cooking some fresh vegetables & presto-- great meal!

Not sure how much I paid, but definitely worth the money! I had it in the fridge for a while before freezing it & it's still great.

Yummy, easy & healthy!






The vegetables were good too, but not sure how healthy they were.


Can't remember which one it was, but it was from the Healthy mix line at Green Giant. Possibly heart-healthy. Their website doesn't list the varieties. Odd.


It was a mix that contained black beans so combining it with the beef was a big dose of protein.


It had a sauce that was buttery, so maybe lots of hidden fat? But it's the HEALTHY line!


I got a fruit & vegetable share from Central City Co-Op yesterday, so hope to cook this evening after tempo run. Hope to we'll (meaning I) will see....






No comments: