Tuesday, February 05, 2008

don't wanna run.....

In case you didn't know, I really don't like running. I like getting medals. I like the feeling of accomplishment. I like losing weight and gaining strength. I even like sweating and following a training schedule. But I don't like running.

With the 1/2 marathon goal looming, I plugged on (after the pneumonia break) and got my training runs in and made my goal.

But now I really don't want to run.

I scheduled in a 5 miler, 10K and 1/2-1/2 marathon to make me train. But yeah...that's not working.

I even just did my taxes to delay running tonight and now it's raining. Yea!!

I've been reading Marathoning For Mortals and Runner's World to try and get fired up to no avil.

PIM starts again on 3/5, so that will hopefully get me back in the swing of things. I still meet them in the off-time, but it's just not the same as having a group run. (I'm so slow I end up running solo & I really don't like running at Memorial - I feel like a hampster on a wheel.)

But I have been doing core work - so far every day this week!

2 comments:

Viv said...

Awesome on the core work. think you can do mine for me as well. PIM is starting back, I am debating it. I am scared they will put me in one of those groups where they do those scary tempo runs and junk. ugh!
Run Anna Run!

AnnaBanana said...

Viv - you can stay in the run-1-mile groups, no scary tempo runs for us.

I'm hoping I can be a Dawn -- I've already been an Aerobic, Baton & Carbo.

Even though I can run more than 1 mile, I'm staying in that category for another go-round!