Monday, February 18, 2008

loser girl

OK -- here's my reason for not running this weekend (and for needing to buy new dishes).

The dishes I have are over 10 years old, probably more like 15 (they came from "Stor" that was the prequal to Ikea, in the same location). They are beginning to break easily. Apparently I missed picking up a shard of broken plate, which became embedded in the ball of my left foot. It was painfully extracted with tweezers and a safety pin, but left a good divot in my foot. And I wasn't sure if I got it all.
It doesn't hurt so much anymore, so I think I did get it all.

But this week I'll have a hard time running because I have a Alaska trip meeting tonight, am teaching a backpacking class tomorrow and have a birthday party to go to on Wednesday. Thursday I need to go to the personal training at Bally's circuit.

And I'm not doing the Park to Park 5 miler next weekend - I'm just not ready.
I really need to get my act in gear since I'm doing the Seabrook 1/2 relay with Viv & she's much faster than me already! Yikes!!

2 comments:

Viv said...

Gettoutta, here. I am only faster on really short runs, like to the mailbox. I am so excited for our 1/2. I was thinking about the Park to Park, gonna save it for the 1/2 though. I need to run 8 the day of the 1/2. I guess i will do a mile warm up. I signed up for PIM today so I hope to see ya there :-)
I hope your foot is better, that stinks. Stick to placstic plates..

AnnaBanana said...

You kicked my butt on the TexMed 5K!

I want to be a Dawn in PIM, but I bet I'm going to have to be a Carbo again.

I really need to run more....