Tuesday, July 08, 2008

HILLS!!!

Yea!! Tonight is hill training!!!

(Did I convincingly sound excited?)

As much as I would like to skip out on the hell of hills, I'm going. And I'm going to make me like it (maybe not).

It's the last time the Fall Fit group has our private hill training. In a couple of weeks it will start for the entire Houston Fit madhouse of a crowd. Not sure if I can hang with a big gang.

Send some positive hill vibes my way between 6:30 & 8 tonight.

UPDATE: That wasn't so bad. It was actually rather enjoyable. I got lapped FOUR times running the Waugh/Memorial cloverleaf, but there were other people that couldn't keep up with me, so it's all good. (I did walk a lot, but a speedy walk!)

Plus, the people that lapped me are all in the full marathon group. Since I'm a half-marathon person, I should have only done half anyway! We did over four miles!! Our long run last week was just 3 miles (5 this week).

But I really think I did well since I told the injured Running Knitter that I would run "for" her while she's still in recovery :o)

2 comments:

E said...

YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Timmy said...

As much as I hate running hills, I know they are good for me. Sorta like medicine.