Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sidelined from long runs

When I start to run now, my legs from my knees to my ankles feel "squishy" and I just can't do the speed. They're fine any other time - no pain at all & I can jog okay. But can't rip 'em up (as if I could anyway).

I was advised to lay off the long runs for a couple of months. Nothing above 6, possibly 8 miles. Basically, sidelined until Houston Fit Fall Half starts in May. It'll be June or so 'til I get back to distance.

This should give my body some time to adapt to more speed work. I still have my two speeds of stop and go. Not doing long runs is supposed to help with faster-, medium- and slower-fasts.

We'll see. It's kinda good so now I'm not tempted to do any half-marathons for the next couple of months. There's some that are tempting (that would be travel).

2 comments:

Humble Runner said...

Is "squishy" a medical term?

Unknown said...

My tummy is squishy.