Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Seabrook Lucky Trails Half AND Full Marathon

After doing the Pelican Challenge in 2009 (a half-marathon on both Saturday and Sunday), I didn't think I'd ever run the Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon again. Skipped it in 2010 & felt so left out. Did the relay in 2011 & decided I dislike relays. So in 2012 came back and did the Trail Challenge - half on Saturday and full on Sunday.




As always, Robby & company put on a WONDERFUL event. The race packet swag was fab- tech short sleeved gender specific shirt (without logos on the back), tech hat & tech sock in a drawstring bag.

The course was in great shape - grass was mowed & mosquitoes were sprayed. And this year the boardwalk wasn't slippery! (Which is, ironically, where I took the tumble that resulted in the bloody knee pictured above.)


Post race was again great - this year they had green beer on Saturday for St. Patrick's day! Sadly, by the time I finished they were almost out, but I still got one :)

They also had a Taco Bell truck out there with the infamous new Dorito tacos. Had to have one since my nephew Kendrick keeps raving about them. It was good, but I actually prefer the plain. The truck also had bean burritos.

They had their usual offerings of hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, sausage on a stick & ice cream too.

LOVE this race!

























No comments: