Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whew - tiring weekend!

Saturday morning I had to wake up at 4:45 to run 9 miles and Sunday was an even earlier wake-up, 4:15, to go deep sea fishing.

I was exhausted, but had a great time doing both!

Saturday afternoon I was complemented on my complexion (a result of the 9-miler, I'm sure) and I have about 5 pounds of fish in the freezer from the fishing trip.


After eating so much fish in Alaska and then last week had mahi-mahi almost every night, I'm getting close to being fished-out! Last night after Pilates I stopped at the store and got corn tortillas and shredded cabbage to make fish tacos, but I was still plumb tuckered-out from the lack of sleep over the weekend that I was just too tired to make some. And tonight it speed work (yea!) and a BCO event leader meeting, so they won't be made tonight either. Maybe tomorrow after off-season PIM....


4 comments:

E said...

Great job on your 9 miler!

Viv said...

I loved how you just glazed over a 9 miler..LOL! Great job! Love the fishing pic too cute....
Fish tacos would have been good. Have fun at track tonight.

Timmy said...

LOL I agree. You just casually mentioned a 9 miler.

All of that fish is good for you!

P.O.M. said...

Ohhhh I love fish. Did you actually catch that? My bf (I mean ex) the Captain is really a fishing captain. He would love if I actually fished, but I like to just lounge on the boat. ha ha. But we eat fish like 3 times a week. It's good and healthy (and free)! Always trying to find new recipes - fish soups, fish pastas, ceviche, tacos, throw left overs in salad, or make your own "tuna" salad.