Friday, January 25, 2008

Running is not cheap!

In Spirit of the Marathon, someone mentioned that aside from shoes, running doesn't cost anything.
BULL!

On one of my long runs, I started tabulating what all I've spent & I guesstimated it was about $750.
Someone commented that since I've spent that much, I shouldn't have to spend anymore.
Wrong!

I went to Luke's to sign up for the 5K tomorrow & wanted to buy some insoles for my shoes (200 miles, should be able to get another 100-200 out of them). I've been using the ones that come with shoes so far & thought I should upgrade. And I got some sport blocs that I should be having on long (7+ mile) runs.
Then I went and got a running book by John "The Penguin" Bingham I've been wanting.

Man it all adds up quick!
So now, in addition to tracking my miles (on Runner's World), now I want to start tracking my spending. I don't know if Blogger has some neat way to do that, so for now I'll just start writing down expenses:

$11.00 Spirit of the Marathon movie - 1/24
$18.00 Gel insoles for shoes - 1/25
$ 1.80 Black Cherry gel blocs - 1/25
$ 1.25 Razzberry gel - 1/25
$15.95 Marathoning for Mortals book - 1/25
$ 2.50 Run Right Now training/log - 1/25 (not sure if I'll use, but it was $2.50!)
$25.00 TexMed 5K - 1/26
$75.50 total

No comments: