Sunday, January 27, 2008

TexMed 5K and more spending!

Saturday in 42 degree temp I did the TexMed 5K. I've done this one before & like it because:
- you get a long-sleeved t-shirt
- they have a great after-party with pleanty of food, drink, treats, beer and a rockin' band
- there are a LOT of walkers, so even though I waddle through I still finish in the top 50%.

I did not finish in under 40 minutes, but did finish in 40:30, a 13 minutes/mile pace, which is DAMN (I cussed!) good for me.

Afterwards, I went by Sports Authority to pick up my 1/2 marathon finishers technical shirt (they RAN OUT on race day! I'm almost positive we had to put our size down when we signed up & they ran out!!!)

In our goodie bag from the 1/2 marathon/marathon/5K was a save $20 on a purchase of $75 coupon from Sports Authority, so I spent more -- but I did just get items I needed and were already on sale - 2 bras & a long sleeved under armor shirt.
So -- added to the tally is:
$15.34 sports bra (regularly $35.99)
$23.35 sports bra (regularly $ 37.99)
$27.66 underarmor long sleeved shirt (regularly $44.99)
$71.82 - total with tax.

Not bad for normally-priced $128.97 with of stuff -- but still more spending.....

No comments: