Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

The movie was great!

I wish they would have gotten more into the science/physiology of running like the NOVA special did. It was great as it though!

In a way, I like that it was a one-showing. The theater was packed and I recognized quite a few folks that run at Memorial - people I've never met, but they knew me & I knew them. Plus, it was nice being in a theater which was probably 98% runners (and 2% spouses of runners). Hearing the reactions of other & the groans/chuckles was fun - you & the rest of the audiance were able to relate to the people in the movie.

The race at the end was Chicago, but it was Chicago 2005 (I think) not this last disasteous one.

After watching the movie, it reinforced my desire to run, but also that presently I don't have the desire to run a full marathon. I realized during the 1/2 that it's about 60% mental. Mentally, i just don't wanna run 26.2 miles. I think in a few years I may want to, but right now I'm quite happy with my 5Ks, 5-milers, 10Ks, and 1/2 marathons.

Wahoo!
Anna

No comments: