Sunday, January 13, 2008

WHEW!!! I did it!

With tears in my eyes, I crossed the finish line after
3 hours, 11 minutes, 44 seconds.

My main goal was to finish and if successful then to
be under 3 ½ hours, so I was victorious on both parts.

The tears were a combination of pain and pride. The
last mile and a half was REALLY tough (where were
those positive vibes people??) and at one point Stacy
grabbed my hand and tugged me along.

Michelle, Will, Nathalie, Vivian and Shane - THANK YOU
so very much for coming out! Having spectator support
all along the route is so amazing and seeing people
you know is such a HUGE boost. I have a great picture
of Nathalie running to give me a hug that in a small
way conveys the emotions of your support – it really
helped me get through. Sarah - I wore the visor you
gave me for luck!

Although I’m just a tad sore now (I did take an ice
bath) and quite tired, I feel really, really good.
And am looking forward to doing more ½ marathons –
Seabrook in March and the inaugural San Antonio Rock &
Roll in November. (Let me know if you want to train
with me!)
No, I don’t think I’ll ever take on a whole one –
y’all know I don’t even like to drive 26 mile plus
that would involve going outside the loop.

Wahoo!
Anna

No comments: