Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Chuging along.....

Attn non-running readers: This is a boring running post, you may want to skip it (Kelly).

This running crap isn't all that horrible!

I just did 2 miles (@ 8pm, 85 degrees, 70% humidity) and it felt pretty good. My knees are hurting (lifelong knee problems) a tad. I might have gone around another mile, but don't want to push it. (In case you didn't know, I've been slacking a LOT lately.)

I averaged 13:45 min/miles which is great for me (Esp. since I stopped a couple of times to try and coax a lost doggie over to me, who I later coaxed back home not even knowing that was his home, 2 streets over from where I first saw him. And I also stopped twice to upright overturned trash cans -- it got windy!)

Last year at this time I couldn't even fathom running. I was a PIM drop-out and just knew running wasn't my thing.

11 months ago I couldn't run more than 1/4 mile without gasping for breath and having to walk (and sometimes just turning around and going home). 6 months ago I did 13.1 miles in training. 5 months ago I did an official 1/2 marathon.
And have plans to do a lot more 1/2's in the future -- (Houston in October, San Antonio R&R in November, Houston in January, possibly Surfside in February and most definitely Seabrook in March - possibly both Sat & Sun).

And now to get back into training shape...
Yesterday I did a mile, today I did 2 miles.

I'm getting there....at my own pace....

(Plus, I'm tired of seeing that little 0 on the sidebar as the miles I've run....)

Now I need to work on getting my eating totally back on track so I can kick some booty in Viv's Independance Weight Loss Challenge.

4 comments:

E said...

Yay for getting back into the grove of things! You and I are going to have to get together and run a race one day! :)

Viv said...

Way to go for getting back out there, and at a very nice pace. OK next time come OTL so you can run in my area and bring in the trashcans, pick some weeds, and grab my mail while running...hahaha!

Miss ya!

Ben G said...

great progress...keep it up!!

Leslie F. said...

Go, Anna, go!