Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random thoughts on the road

I wish I had a little micro recorder to take along on runs. I think of some good things out there, but then get back inside & *poof* it all disappears.

I did a couple of things to be proud of along my run today:
- I did it. That's good for me lately. (OHMIGOSH - I just realized I've actually done something (run-jog or pilates) everyday since Monday of last week!! It's been moderate enough activity that I don't think I'm overdoing it, though.)

- I was planning ahead on where to walk & drink and realized I was thinking "I'll take a break when that light pole gets to me" instead of thinking when I get to it. I didn't even realize I was doing that at first. Pretty cool.

- My walk breaks usually would time out at 7 minutes, in Houston Fit I'm with a group doing 5/1, so I should be super prepared!

- I might actually be acclimating to the heat. At least I thought I was since I wasn't miserable (@ 6:30 pm) like I was last night (@ 10pm). But then I came in and checked the weather on the internet and see humidity was way down. So I might not be as acclimated as I had hoped. The Houston Fit newsletter for this week talked a lot about acclimation. I threw that last comment in just so I could use the word acclimation again since I know it's Viv's word of the month.

- I did a negative split - mile 1 was still a bit too fast, but miles 2-4 were each slightly faster than the last. The overall times were much slower than what I have been doing, but in the HF newsletter it did say that most times will be about a minute higher due to the heat.

- I enjoyed my run!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heat adds such a challenge! Just staying even on your times is great! Good luck on your training.

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com

Viv said...

Great on the running. Yep, I believe acclimation is in action..hehehe