Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend review

Kind of a low-key boring weekend. Got to rest up for night toobin next weekend!

Friday -- I went to watch the bats at Allen Parkway & Waugh. There was a big crowd there and a lot of bats to see! They started steaming out about 8:15 and there were still some vortexing when we left about 10pm.

Saturday -- I love Houston Fit Fall 1/2! We had a GREAT run. A really supportive, talkative group of ladies (where ARE all the men?? During Spirit of the Marathon, they showed Chicago Fit's weekly meeting and it was mainly women there too. I didn't realize I had said "Where are all the men" so loud until the theater started laughing).
We did 4 miles and I was really wanting to run some more, but didn't want to push it and then have an injury.

That afternoon I went to a kayak rolling practice & pool party. It was fun. I realized it's been an entire year since I've been kayaking. I have one, just can't transport it!

Sunday -- I did as little as possible and it was nice! I did go visit my mom for a long time and took along Winslow and the dog I'm dog-sitting. Also did some more research on Alaska activities, I leave a month from today!

And I cooked my meals for the week, filling up the little black boxes from My Fit Foods so they're all set to go in the fridge:

  • breakfast - scrambled eggs (more white than yolk), veggie sausage patty & boiled new potato
  • lunch -- spicy baked chicken with new potatoes and cabbage (weird once-a-year cabbage craving)
  • dinner -- interesting mix of soy sauce & ginger on chicken with cabbage some zuccini and peppers along with some broccoli
  • snacks -- cottage cheese & raspberries & strawberries, EAS protein shakes, yogurt, peaches, almonds, Oatmega bars (only 2 snacks per day, but those are all my options for the week).

Plus I got in a simple little 2 mile run at 9:30 pm last night. I think I'm now officially in the 13+ min/mile category. So it's looking like every 6 months or so I'm getting better by a minute per mile. Maybe by the time of the Houston 1/2 in January I'll be down to 11 min/miles! (But would be happy with 12 min/miles and satisifed with 13 min/miles.)

2 comments:

E said...

Yay! You're back on track. :)

Viv said...

What a great weekend! I had no idea about the bats. WTH city do I live in?!
What a great plan to get the meals all inorder makes for smart choices.