Wednesday, April 23, 2008

EAS protein drink + Boot Camp = Puke

Good news and bad news...

Good -- Boot Camp was much better today. The trainer had notes with a planned workout routine and it was a not-so-crappy, harder workout. We went through it quicker than he expected, so he improvised some & it was a good workout. Still plan on switching over to the other one when this one ends, though.

Bad -- I had an EAS protein drink about 4 pm. Boot camp was at 5:30 (and then Power in Motion should have followed at 6:30, 4 miles). An hour and a half is so not enough time to have a milky type (soy actually) drink before a tough workout in the heat! I bailed on the 1/4 mile jog at the end. An also skipped out on Power In Motion, although I did show up and stretch with them so I get counted as being in attendance for the perfect attendance award.
That EAS drink was pretty darn tasty too....if you're going to have to puke, it's not a bad thing to puke....

Tomorrow is good tv night - Ugly Betty, Lost & Gray's Anatomy. So I have to figure out when to get in the 4 mile run I didn't do today. May skip Gray's - never did really get into that show. Plus, by then it will hopefully be cooler. Just not sure if I will do 4 miles that late. Plus, at that time I usually stay in the 'hood so I don't have to cross busy streets, which means loops around our three one-mile blocks and that gets boring.

I'm sticking to eating good! I so love My Fit Foods. I went by today to pick up my foods for the next 4 days - yeah! (There isn't any EAS protein shakes included this time, darn!)

2 comments:

E said...

Yuck. At least you know for next time - no protein drinks before a hard work out!

Viv said...

Ewww..oh well lesson learned.

I missed the 1st week of those shows my DVR screwed up...grrrr!