Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Will run for medals...even if they are plastic


Whoopee!! Another "medal"

It's not the fancy-schmantzy Tiffany number that Running Knitter will get at the Nike Women's Marathon, but I love it anyway.
It's my "Whoopee, we made it half-way" medal to keep our Power In Motion running group members motivated to make it through the 10 week program. A fantastic idea since now is about the time to consider dropping. Jack, the main coach, is a really great guy - I'm pretty sure this was his idea & a brilliant one!

And I needed some motivation. I did not run yesterday (see - I'm not hardcore!). In fact, I didn't run at all since last week's PIM. But my medal will get me back on track and out running like on my schedule!
It's now proudly hanging on the bunting I got from the last baseball game in the Astrodome along with my race bibs and other "non metal" medals:


The "real" medals are on display right by the front door on the key box -- I plan to get a shadow box for them along with a picture from the events, but that just hasn't happened yet.

7 comments:

E said...

A medal is a medal - Congrats!

I love how you hung up your numbers - so many of them! I also like the idea of a shadow box. We did that for my dad's medals and gave it to him for his b-day. They deserve to be displayed, right? :) Are you getting excited for boot camp?

J Duarte said...

Wow Looks like you've done pretty great in your running! Awesome!

I try to do a 5k once a month since Oct.

Are you doing the 5k this weekend at relient?

http://www.runfortherose.com/

Timmy said...

While I am impressed with your medals and race numbers, I'm more impressed with the bunting from the Astrodome. How did you manage THAT?

Viv said...

That is a great way to display the medals and bibs. I am LMAO over here since I see the CD medal form last year :-)

AnnaBanana said...

Running Knitter -- I'm getting SCARED about boot camp -- no one will do it with me! Plus, it's getting hot & humid here already (Houston).

JD Active Runner - I'm doing the Bellaire Trolley Run. And really dreading it - I started out to do 3 miles last nigth & aborted after the first mile, thinking I'd go back out later when it was cooler. Yeah, right....

Timmy - Luckily I had a purse large enough for the bunting to fit in, but not large enough to be searched.... Actually I was initially told I could take it (and had a pocket knife along to cut it down) and then heard we weren't supposed to... But luckily I just happened to be in Drayton's suite (he wasn't) and went out the private elevator (which I also wasn't supposed to do, but again was told I could) before the rukus about not taking the bunting started.

I should have bought a lotto ticket that day since apparently it was my extra-special-once-in-a-lifetime lucky day.

Viv - I suggested to Steve to get these medals instead of the CDs. And was then worried about how they would look, but I think they're nice!

Unknown said...

you impress me! Good job on the medal :-)

J Duarte said...

What boot camp are you doing?

I would of done the Trolley race with you but I had plans to run with a team member from PIM at hershey park. We were going to run 6 miles we ended up doing 12 haha.

How was your Race on Sat. My Sunday 5k was fun.