Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm melting.....

Quick update before I head off to exile (outside the loop, beltway & Hwy 6):

Jimmy Buffett was awesome as always. Can whacking beach balls for an hour followed by standing/dancing for 3 1/2 hours count as strength training and cardio??

The gazebo looks great & doesn't dominate the back yard like I thought it would.

Houston Garden Centers all across town are out of grass. I planned on that being my workout on Sunday, but did get in some "workout" planting an orange and lemon tree, cleaning the gutters, attaching a handle & latch to the storage shed door and other general housework.

My Fit Foods rocks - on day 3. I love, love, love their food -- just wish it was cheaper so I could always eat it!

Boot Camp sucks - not challenging enough, poor instructor, even worse owner, boring exercises, they cancelled class Friday!, we've ASKED to do more ab work (who ever asks to do crunches??) and haven't been doing them, the class doesn't last the full times it's supposed to last. It just all around sucks. BUT, I did find out about another evening boot camp - they meet just next to the one that this one meets & they have fun! So next month I'm doing that one instead. Class is tonight (missed Monday due to Jimmy!) so hopefully it'll be better.

It's freaking hot out -- I tried to run yesterday about 6:30, and decided to abort after a mile & go back out at 9pm. At 9 it was still icky, so before the end of the driveway I realized I could do the elliptical in air conditioned comfort while watching Sunday's Desperate Housewives on the computer. So I did 35 min elliptical followed by about 10 minutes of abs.

Boot Camp followed by Power In Motion tonight - whoopee!

6 comments:

E said...

Sorry to hear boot camp isn't working for you. Hopefully the one you do next month will be better.

And yes, I'd say the Jimmy Buffett can count as some sort of cardio.

Unknown said...

oh man that is lame about the boot camp class being so lame. sorry!

Leslie F. said...

Whew! I'm REALLY glad I skipped registering for boot camp now!

J Duarte said...

These nights have been hot! :)

I guess I have to get used to it. haha

I'm heading to Disneyland for my half marathon in August...

The half in SA sounds like fun! I might consider doing that one too..

I was thinking about doing bootcamp before my first half but I see we might not be getting our moneys worth. Since we are not beginners anymore we need a killer workout. :)

Timmy said...

well that sucks about the bootcamp! can you get a partial refund? :-)

zhsy00001 said...

Goooo! Anna!