Wednesday, May 14, 2008

6 word MeMe

WOW - I haven't blogged in a while. Partially because I've been working in exile and partially because I mainly started blogging about running, inspired by Viv, and lately I've been hating running.
Which brings me to my 6 word MeMe that
Running Knitter tagged me with creating. Here it is:

Why the heck do I run??
That pretty much sums up how I've been feeling lately. I've been doing bootcamp, hiking, pilates (1st time, it's fun!) along with eating right. But...when it comes to running, I've lost that lovin' feeling.

I am somewhat looking forward to Houston Fit (Fall 1/2 marathon training) starting at the end of the month and went to a Houston Striders meeting last night (free food and some free singlets!), so that has me fired up some.
Still not wanting to put the foot-to-pavement. I'm thinking if I slack off for a week or so that I'll get the desire back. I hope.

So, fellow runner, Why the heck do YOU run? Let's itemize:
  1. 'Cause it feels so good when you stop
  2. Meeting other health-minded people (both in person and in blog-land!)
  3. Opportunity to join in a great running community (I'm considering joining Striders and/or another group)
  4. Lose weight & feel great
  5. Having alone time to think, clear mind, etc (sometimes not a good thing....)
  6. Feeling of accomplishment
  7. Notice things you don't see speeding by in a car
  8. Commune with nature
  9. Buy cool gear (which is actually a negative since that's some pricey gizmos!)
  10. Race packets and 5K shirts to eventually have made into a quilt
  11. Deena Kastor eats 5,000 calories a day and is a stick figure!
  12. Deena Kastor eats FIVE THOUSAND calories a day and is a stick figure!
  13. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MEDALS!!!

Still not feeling to fired up, but I really do want more medals....

2 comments:

Viv said...

I've missed you in Blogville. It's ok to lose the loving feeling when you are replacing it with other loves. You are staying active and that is numbero uno :-)
Besides, I know how you love them medals so you will be back!

E said...

I'm going to repeat what Viv said - We've missed you! And Viv is right - you are still working out, and that's the important thing. Sometimes we all need to take a break from running. :)