Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gonna run tonight, gosh-darn-it

OK - the sunburn redness has gone away, so tonight I'll actually strap on a sports bra & if not in too much pain set out on a slow re-entry run.
I did go for a rualk (run-walk) last Saturday, so at least I've gotten out there some.

Somewhere I read about someone that listens to books-on-tape while running. I decided to give that a shot when I ended up on the audio book aisle at Sam's. The first one I picked up was about a knitting shop, which made me think of Running Knitter & I thought that was a good sign. I didn't pay attention to the title, but later saw it's The Shop On Blossom Street. Which could either be a good or bad sign - since that's the street so many training runs go down leaving Memorial Park.

With the book loaded on my iPod I set off last Saturday and although it did make the time go by quicker, it doesn't do much for helping with speed. Between listening to the book, the oppressive heat, and my running funk, I walked a lot more than I ran.
But, listening to more of the book is part of what's making me want to get out some more.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Who cares about speed sometimes. I mean yea it is cool to be fast, but we are just trying to get the skeleton moving. I think a run/walk with the audio book sound fun. I am trying to find a way to get Howard Stern on my iPod.

E said...

I think I've read that book. It was pretty good! Run/walking is better than doing nothing. The heat is killer so congrats for getting out there. :)