Friday, May 23, 2008

Sometimes encouragement takes a while to set in....

As an add-on to what you just read about PIM, I went back in my e-mails and located the message I sent May 23, 2004 to two of my former PIM coaches (note that I said running is not for me - famous last words! But then again, I'm a jogger, not a runner!):

Amy and Andrea,

Y'all probably don't remember me, but I wanted to let both of you know that your coaching during Power In Motion is STILL a wonderful inspiration to me.

I was in your classes like two or three years ago and decided running is just not for me (Amy was in the Fall, Andrea the following Spring).

However, things that I learned from you both have stuck with me and when I'm working out or at the gym or doing other activities I think of your encouragement and it helps me to complete whatever I'm doing.

A couple of examples:
Amy, I remember asking you once "When is all this running crap gonna start to be fun?" You're response was "When you get to stop and eat." I still laugh about that and it gets me to perceiver and swim another couple of laps.
Andrea, your encouraging e-mails to the group were wonderful and I think back on them while doing the last 15 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Thanks for being such awesome coaches, all the incredible encouragement and providing inspiration that has really lasted years!!!!

Wahoo!
Anna

PS -- I decided to copy "headcoach" so the PIM "powers that be" know what a fantastic service you both have provided.

3 comments:

E said...

So do you think you'll get out there for a run this weekend? :)

AnnaBanana said...

SHUT UP!

Seriously....maybe....

I am going to boot camp today - we run a mile as a warm up. (So I have run this week, just didn't log it.)

Saturday I may go to the gym and swim laps, haven't done that in a long time.

Sunday I'm going to the beach, so I'll walk a lot. Not sure if I'll run any since it'll be on sand & I'm not used to that.

I've already been thinking about running on Monday. I need to find some new routes - I'm getting bored of the ones I typically do.

Timmy said...

I had completely forgotten about the John Bingham quote. Thanx for putting that out there.

I have a "former friend" who told me one time that I would never finish a marathon. If he said, "You will never WIN a marathon." that would have been something different.

Evertyime I cross the finish line (toward the back of the middle of the pack) I think about the b@stard! LOL

Really enjoyed reading this post.