Monday, May 26, 2008

Burn, baby burn....ouch

Yesterday I, along with Jennifer and her niece Jackie, went to Bryan Beach (near Surfside). That morning, before leaving home, I started applying sunscreen. I still got burned.

I reapplied a couple of times out there, we had an EZ up canopy (granted, I usually was not underneath) and I had a big floppy hat.
Guess this is proof that I'm getting old -- I used to never get burned. Ozone layer, global warming, blah blah blah. I'm just old.

I did spend several hours out playing in the pretty impressive waves, so sunscreen would have been worn off while in the waves. (Dang ocean stole my hair tie the first time I was out there and then my sunglasses the last time I was out there! The waves were knocking us all over the place -- what fun!)

My shoulders are the worst, as you can see..... And I know they have a tendency to burn since they're not exposed to the sun as much as the rest of me, so I had taken special care to apply more sunscreen to them.


I did make the stupid mistake of forgetting about my feet & they are also a bit crispy. Not too bad, though. Legs & arms are fine. And luckily my scalp looks good -- that's the WORST place to get burned (and then to peel). I do put sunscreen up there too!

The first sunscreen I used was some of that bug & sun stuff (spf30). I'm not using that kind anymore. The other stuff was spf 15, the regular 30 was safely at home, ooops.


Needless to say, I'm staying indoors today.
Hydrating and moisturizing & vitamin e-ing. All that salt water yesterday and now all the lotions today my skin feels really good now!
No running for me today ;-)!!!

6 comments:

Timmy said...

The sun has been really intense these days. About your sunburn: OUCH! :-)

E said...

Ouch! Sunburns are never fun. I'm thinking about using SPF 70!

Unknown said...

I hope the burn feels better soon!

Pokey said...

YOWCH!!!!! Hope you feel better QUICK!!!

Wasn't that in a song in the 80's...."don't forget the sunscreen...." :P

Viv said...

The sun was a burning ball of fire this weekend. Poor, Anna hope the lotions feel soothing soon. Sending good vibes for no peeling..ewww

P.O.M. said...

Ouch ouch ouch. Running with a sunburn is the worst! Good idea to hold off a day or two. Take care.