Thursday, March 13, 2008

The BEST race packet EVER!!!

Woo-Hoo!!

I just picked up my race packet for the Seabrook (1/2) Marathon (relay) that's this Saturday and it's DA BOMB!!!

First off, the shirt isn't a cheesy cotton shirt, but a TECH SHIRT. The color is "steel" - I thought that was funny. The multi-color logo for the marathon is where the pocket would be on the front and the insurance company logo on the back is large, but the color blends so it's not obnixious like some. The shirt is way too big (unisex sizing), but after getting my microscopic unwearable Houston Fit shirt, I'd rather err on the large side.

We also got a TECH HAT (!!!!!) in hunter green with the multi-color logo on the front (the wording in black blends in with the dark green, but it's still super nice, and a GREAT surprise!) AND we got TECH SOCKS -- New Balance Elite performance running socks.


Plus, a Miller Lite (cotton) SUN VISOR, a fancy glittery City of Seabrook KOOZIE, and a City of Seabrook LAPEL PIN.

There was also a sample & a buy-one-get-one free coupon for Detour BAR, a sample of UDDER BALM and a coupon for a free GO KART ride at a place really close to my house (which is odd, since I'm about 50 miles from Seabrook).


And.....I did confirm that even us lowly 1/2 marathon relay-ers will get a finisher's medal!!

3 comments:

E said...

WOW! That is the best packet ever! A Tech shirt, tech hat, and tech socks? You hit the jackpot! Oh, and BLING!!! Are you ready for the race? You guys are going to rock!

Oh, and I will do the Nike Women's half if you run it with me! :)

AnnaBanana said...

I'll do it with you if you pay for my trip!

I'm going to Alaska this year & about to spend $4,000 on a backyard gazebo, mulch/leveling and sod. So funds & vacation time are depleted.

I'll run with you in spirit....

Viv said...

That packet was suaweet! What a great event! Im pirating pics for my blog..LOL!