Thursday, March 06, 2008

PIM started again!

Yeah!
Power In Motion (PIM) started again last night. It was SO good to see my gang from last season & all the new folks I suckered in to joining up.

The "new" folks (along with their group):
Natahalie - A
Doreen - A
Yvette - A
Heather - A
Tina - A/B
Wanda - B
Mary Ellen - C
Melissa - C
Mel - C
Randi - D
Sandy - E+
Scott - E+
(Rebecca maybe?)

The PIM group was HUGE!! I guess about 200 people.

Our Carbo/Dawn group had 60 - last season there were about 30. I am, once again, a carbo. I wanted to be a dawn, but just not fast enough. Before we started, Coaches Manny and Trish saw me and both pointed and said "You don't belong here - you need to be an Enduro" But I'm not fast enough and and this point can't do 3 miles solid. I ran pretty hard to try and make the Dawn group, but fell short and was really feeling bad. Then I looked at the others in my group and saw Mary, who was with the group last year. Everyone else has moved on to the Enduro (and up) groups, so there was comfort having someone else "left behind" with me.
As I continued to look around, someone else looked familiar -- I was really shocked to see my Houston Fit 1/2 marathon coach in my "slow" group! And she was with a lady who was also in my HF group that's run the Rocky Raccoon 25K. Maybe my little slug-group isn't so bad after all!

Wahoo!
Anna

1 comment:

Viv said...

Anna, you will do great in whatever group you are in! The cool news is your with Manny!