Monday, March 24, 2008

On the road again....

Last Thursday and Friday I was bummed that I couldn't go running - Thursday I went out to dinner (sushi) and Friday went to the rodeo (going before work is so not an option!) Wednesday was Power In Motion, where we only did 1 1/2 miles, so I wanted to get in some more.

Then this weekend was a blur of all-day yardwork, Easter visit with mom, major housecleaning and some couch time.

So tonight was my first long run in 6 days. And man it sucks to wait that long between runs! I went oh-so-slow. But was finally feeling good, although hungry, at the end. I just did 4 1/2 miles, but hey - that's 4 1/2 more than I've done all week!

And looking forward to running tonight - probably in new shoes!

3 comments:

E said...

4 1/2 miles is 4 1/2 miles so good for you. I'm feeling sore from boot camp class yesterday so I might take today off - we'll see. I love my boot camp class, and that's a big thing considering I take the morning class (at 5:30 AM) and I'm not a morning person. It has definitely helped with my running. Have you been to one before? When does yours start?

Viv said...

YAA on the mileage besides that yardwork is no walk in the park! I have done 4 miles since my 1/2 of the 1/2 so you got me beat. I am going to aim for a lil brick tonight so no long runs till after the tri. Way to get out there!

AnnaBanana said...

The boot camp I'm looking at is 5:30 PM on Mon, Wed & Fri with an optional Saturday noon.

It'll start mid-April. There's one going on now, but I knew I would miss a lot of days, so decided to wait. (And that gives me time to get ready mentally!) I'm kinda scared...