Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boot Camp

If I blog it, I must do it!


NEXT BOOT CAMP CLASS STARTS APRIL 14th


  • At allday BOOTCAMP we train you the way coaches train athletes. Each boot camp session lasts for one month, each class lasts one hour, three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), and an optional Saturday class.
  • Each person is challenged at a level that is just right for them. Groups are kept small, which allow trainers to give personal attention to everyone in the class. For classes with a small turnout the instructor will make sure that each member gets a great workout.
  • Each day is a different workout, and over the course of a week workouts will include a combination of cardio training (long distance running, short hill workouts, sprinting on the track, running stairs, etc.) cross-training (agility), and strength training (push-ups, pull-ups, abdominal workouts). Each class ends and begins with stretching.
  • Whether you sign up for the morning boot camp class, the after work boot camp class, or the evening boot camp classes, you will have access to all four sessions for the price of one:

5:00 AM - 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM

Midtown Boot Camp - Memorial Park Boot Camp
Sugar Land Boot Camp - Cinco Ranch / Katy Boot Camp
Kingwood / Humble Boot Camp - Dowtown Houston Boot Camp


I'm going to plan on attending the 5:30 pm Memorial Park Boot Camp.

(Thanks Running Knitter for the encouragement!!)

14 comments:

E said...

Yahoo! Boot camp! I know you will love it. I'm going to make a note on my calendar to ask you how it went on the night of the 14th. I might not be able to wait for your blog post that night - you might have to email me!!! LOL!

Unknown said...

I want to go to one. please? I wish I lived in Houston right now, with you. haha.

Viv said...

Awesome Anna..whoa so are you mising PIM :-( At least I will still get to see you at the park!

That is gonna be so great for you. I wann hear all about it!
Thanks so much for my card, Dahling!! It was suchy an inspiration to get that card when I was feeling like am I really gonna do this thing.

Leslie F. said...

Hey, Anna! I found your blog through Timmy's blog. It's a small blog world... Congrats on all the great running! We'll have to get out there together sometime.

Timmy said...

I was running with runnerOne this morning at 545a at Memorial Park and there were a bunch of Navy Seal PT bootcampers out there. I wish I had the discipline to do something like but I'm afraid I'd be like Private Benjamin or Richard Gere in An Officer & A Gentleman when he starts to cry. I don't want to cry at 530a in the morning.

AnnaBanana said...

Timmy do boot camp with me!! I'm NOT doing it in the morning though - either 5:30 or 8 pm. If you & I both do it, I bet we could get Viv to also.
And maybe even Leslie??

Plus, then we would have safety in numbers!
If they yell at me, I'll cry and throw mud at them.

Viv, I'm still planning on PIMing after Boot Camp on Wed!

Leslie F. said...

Gah! Don't count on me... I do Kenyan Way Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays at 6 a.m., and then I've got Pilates on Tuesday night at 7 and Friday morning at 6. Not to mention all the other random walks and hikes and whatnot. (Oh, and work.) I can't imagine how I'd fit in another training thing.... Unless... When IS it, Anna? I might think about it if I can fit it in.

Leslie F. said...

Oh, duh. The "when is it" question was answered in the post. And it looks like it really won't work with the Kenyan Way schedule. I'll look for you out there, though! If you're in Memorial Park on Wednesdays, we should run into each other.

AnnaBanana said...

Leslie -- I'm planning on the 5:30 pm Memorial Park boot camp, but may end up at 8pm depending how work goes. And may swich over to the midtown locataion - I get tired of Memorial Park (love it, though - just not all the time!)

On Wednesday eves I'm at Power In Motion in Memorial Park @ 6:30.

I did Houston Fit last year & was thinking about switching over to Kenyan Way. Houston Fit is revamping their 1/2 marathon program and starting a fall 1/2 program with the San Antonio R&R as the goal race, which I'm doing. Plus, you KW folks seem way to fast for my waddling....

Leslie F. said...

Truly, though, there are KWers at every speed! Yes, there are some very, very fast folks, but there are also some midpackers and slower folks.

AnnaBanana said...

How about back in the 12+ min/mile category?

I really should start working on speed work....

Leslie F. said...

There are people out there in that category, most definitely! You can do it!

Junie B said...

oh my!! i REALLY want to do this but that $250 is a big chunk of change!!!

on the kenyan way thing...during marathon training, the last group, which was a 5 hour marathon group, trained at 12:15 to 12:30 miles. back when i was first approached to do it, i too was hesitant because of the Coach, Sean Wade, and just the name Kenyan..but it truly is a diverse group.

AnnaBanana said...

June --

You can join BCO for $25 a month and use code EL01 for a 2nd month free. That would give you $50 off Boot Camp for two months, a savings of $75!

Plus, if you put down my name as a reference (Anna Luckenbach) and I get a $25 gift card to REI (not sure when we get those, I get them sometimes, sometimes I don't) I'll give it to you -- giving you a total savings of $100!

Too good a deal to pass up, right?