Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rodeo Vittles

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is all about the food!

Sure, there is world-class rodeo action, big name musical acts, a carnival, beautiful livestock, amazing school artwork & quilts. But the food is the #1 draw for me.

Here's a recap of this year's schmorsborg (in 2 rodeo visits):

  • foot long corn dog (I had a craving!)
  • wurst-bob (5 different sausage samples on a stick)
  • cookies & cream ice cream (during the rodeo)
  • roasted corn (they were small, so the lady gave me 2!)
  • kettle corn (Jennifer's, had 2 handfulls)
  • fried chicken (supposedly the best ever, I had been looking forward to this for 2 weeks. VERY disappointed!)
  • papa john pizza (during the rodeo - food offerings in the stadium are so disappointing!)
  • cotton candy (purple)
  • fried moon pie on a stick (just to say I had it - worse than it sounds. But it looked good!)
  • five Miller Lites (in 1 visit)
  • two diet cokes
  • one iced tea (1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet)

2 comments:

E said...

Food would have been the #1 draw for me too. Now I'm craving a corn dog!

Viv said...

Food is always the #1 draw for me when it comes to the rodeo. I love it! I missed it this year and was bummed, I was hoping for free tix for all I spend in food free is my comp. I always say they should make a plate, with a lil' bite of everything that would be perfection!